GL Golf will not run on Mac Snow Leopard 10.6

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rksinc57
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

GL Golf will not run on Mac Snow Leopard 10.6

Post by rksinc57 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:13 pm

I cannot get GL Golf to run properly using the new operating system for Mac. I can load the program, but the club, hole distance, etc. all come up blank with just little squares. I tried GL Golf 2.25, 2.24, 2.23 without success.

Jake
Site Admin

Re: GL Golf will not run on Mac Snow Leopard 10.6

Post by Jake » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:07 pm

This issue has been reported a few times and is currently being looked into, I'll post back when I figure something out.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

rksinc57
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by rksinc57 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:17 pm

Thank you Jake. I really can't play until I get this solved. By the way, I have a MacBook Pro, 15", 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, OS X version 10.6

voicebox
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by voicebox » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:05 am

Hi there,
Here is a copy of an email I sent to Jake this morning - it appears it was a font problem - the fonts necessary to run Golf GL were somehow deleted when I upgraded to Snow Leopard!

Hi Jake,
A fix ......Eureka!!

The font that was missing was Courier New.ttf.
I re-installed it from the Macintosh HD/Library/Fonts to my home font book in ~/Library/Fonts, then I launched Golf GL and hey-presto - all info had made an appearance!
I can now get back to the serious business of a round of golf before breakfast!
Thanks for all your help Jake,
All best wishes
John.

rksinc57
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by rksinc57 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:15 am

I copied and pasted Courier New.ttf from my System Library folder to my user library font account. Then restarted GL Golf and it did not repair the problem. Is there another way to "install" a font? Do I need to restart? Any other fonts I might need that I am missing Jake?

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:48 am

Thanks for the fix John, I'm sure that will help several users out!

rksinc57, I would try a restart, but I'm not 100% sure because I haven't had the problem on my computer to test with.
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Jackoc
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by Jackoc » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:52 am

I tryed To do what rksinc57 said, I was unable to do that! I still cannot play my Golf game as all printing comes up as box's! Will there ever be a fix that works?

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:00 pm

Hopefully at some point, this font problem is getting very frustrating

rksinc57
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by rksinc57 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:32 pm

Jake:
If you are sure this is a font problem, could you simply list all the fonts that should be loaded on my computer so that I can ensure they are loaded and try again?

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:34 pm

The only font I request for the in game text is Courier. Maybe there is a way I can bundle it with the application in case the user doesn't have it, I'm looking into that right now

Jackoc
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by Jackoc » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:55 pm

I'm Still waiting for a fix! I sure would love to be able to play golf again! Any chance there will be a fix soon? I'm JACK

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:50 am

After some investigation these are the fonts that I have on my computer, which renders the text properly -

Macintosh HD/Library/Fonts
Courier New
Courier New Bold.tff
Courier New Bold Italic.tff
Courier New Italic.tff
Courier New.tff
Macintosh HD/System/Library/Fonts
Courier.dfont

Are you missing any of those fonts? Or do you have other similar fonts instead, for example Courier.tff instead of Courier New.tff ?

voicebox
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by voicebox » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:20 am

Jackoc wrote:I'm Still waiting for a fix! I sure would love to be able to play golf again! Any chance there will be a fix soon? I'm JACK
Hi Jack,
May I refer you to my previous post further up this list.
I have to say that I did not 'copy and past' the offending Courier New.ttf font but I dragged and dropped it from the MacintoshHD/Library/Font folder to the ~/Library/Font folder.
I did the same with all the Courier fonts that were not already in my Home/Library/Font folder. I then restarted my MacBook Pro and the problem with Golf GL was then fixed.

Ah but yesterday I upgraded to Snow Leopard 10.6.2 ...and sure enough I had the same problem - only this time I had no fonts at all in the Golf GL dialogue box - just a blank box!
So after some thought I moved all the Courier family of fonts from ~/Library/Fonts back to MacintoshHD/Library/Fonts.
Then I restarted my MBP and moved all of them back again to my ~/Library/Fonts folder - and hey-presto Golf GL is now working as it should.
I have restarted my MPB a couple of times since and Golf GL is working OK.
Also my MPB is a 17" July 2007 model
I hope all this helps, for what it's worth I emailed Jake with the news and I am sure he will be posting his thoughts soon.
best
John.

Jackoc
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by Jackoc » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:27 pm

This is jackoc, I started up my GL Golf about 45 mins ago and every thing is working!!! I didn't do anything new, so I guess I must thank Jake! THANK YOU!!!

rksinc57
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by rksinc57 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:33 pm

Mine is also now working. What is going on? Does it have to do with Snow Leopard 10.6.2 update?
It must. Let us in on what you found Jake.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:21 pm

I have no idea why it's suddenly working again, but thats good news!

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue May 03, 2011 6:29 pm

Another update - Try this font update through Apple, it has helped a few users fix this issue - http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1377