Driver - 315-yard

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
neilgbarclay
Nuclear Nova Hero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Driver - 315-yard

Post by neilgbarclay » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:47 am

Ah, Jake:

Somewhere, I know there are instructions about this, but I can't find them.

Driver 1 (330 yards), as it is displayed, is obviously off-limits, but Driver 2 (315 yards) appears to be available.
Yet, when I click on that, I cannot get any of the courses to come up for play.

I rather suspect my unlimited mulligans might be the culprit, but if so why does Driver 2 give the impression that it is available?

Please explain the mulligan limit for each driver.

ngb

Jake
Site Admin

Re: Driver - 315-yard

Post by Jake » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:11 am

Are you using the 1W/2W? It should say twice that you can't use either of those clubs with the driver (to balance out the extra distance of the club)
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

neilgbarclay
Nuclear Nova Hero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by neilgbarclay » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:18 am

Sweet Jake, lovely Jake, darlin' Jake,

You did say what you said you said, and I missed it both times - sort of.

Actually, I did think I eliminated both the 1 & 2 Woods, but I guess not. (I'm so dumb that No always means "number.")

I never was good at instructions, which is why I don't knit or crochet.

ngb

AndrewD
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by AndrewD » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:11 am

On the subject of the 315 yard driver, does anyone think it's an advantage for a specific course?

On the courses I've played so far, it doesn't seem to be an advantage, because you can't use it from the fairway (unlike the 1-wood). There are a couple of holes on Oakmont (4 and 12) where the green is reachable in two shots (fair wind permitting) with the 1-wood, but not with the Driver2 and a 3-wood. There aren't many holes that you can reach the green with a DR2, so you normally need that second shot whatever.

Interested in comments.

Cheers, AndrewD

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:45 pm

I've been using it for fun lately. I don't think it as useful on the 580 yard+ holes that can't really be reached in two, it may even hurt 5 yards. It's kind of designed to helpful on par 4s, dropping 15 yards off the majority of the second shots.

The 330 yard driver should be interesting, you can still use a 1/2 wood but you don't get a mulligan! I have a feeling it will help the really good golfers, but I personally use the mulligan to take one stroke off my game just about every round.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

AndrewD
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by AndrewD » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:31 am

That's an interesting decision Jake - to allow the DR1 and 1W together. It means even the longer par fives should be reachable in 2 shots, and I think will be well worth the lost mulligan - prepare to see scores tumble!