Tournaments & Time zones

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mister G
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tournaments & Time zones

Post by Mister G » Thu May 28, 2009 1:03 am

Jake,

Well that was a bummer. Just tried to play my final round and it said the tournament had expired. However, where I live on the west coast it was about 10:30 pm, 5/27/09. And I'm pretty sure I was about to shoot a 28 under and win the tournament too! (I was so looking forward to wearing that green jacket to work tomorrow) For future reference, maybe a time zone could be specified (or: the cut-off could be based on a player's time zone) Sure, I know, I shouldn't have left it for the last couple hours, I procrastinate, but if I'd known I would have rearranged my hectic schedule and played earlier. Yep, and I was for sure about to shoot a 28 under. Alas.....Now I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep.

Mister G

PS--Also, maybe the tournament could be adjusted so that you don't have to wait 24 hours before you can play your next round--maybe it could be 12 hours or something as long as it was on the next calendar date. I played my 3rd round 5/26 around 10 or 10:30 pm, and so little did I know my fate was already written in stone.

Jake
Site Admin

Re: Tournaments & Time zones

Post by Jake » Thu May 28, 2009 10:17 am

Those are two good points, I'm going to specify EST and change 24 hours to 16. Those should be easy fixes for the next update.

Time to practice up on San Jacinto for the next tournament!
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Mister G
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Mister G » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:00 pm

Alright, what's going on? Just tried to play my final tournament round, and it said expired. Isn't the tournament through Aug. 27 midnight eastern time zone?

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:28 pm

It wasn't really stated that well, so I extended the tournament one day.

I just looked at your score and I see why you want to finish!
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal