GL Golf 2.21, Computer Players

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
stavitjo
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

GL Golf 2.21, Computer Players

Post by stavitjo » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:30 am

Hey Jake,
Just uploaded the new 2.21 version, and have played several rounds. Was just wondering how the new computer player scores are being generated. Is it random, or some method to what they shoot? It seems the scores the computer players score are unattainable. I took a screenprint of the scorecard after playing GL Classic, and all the computer players scored Hole in Ones on #5, #13, and #18. All of these are par 4s, and cannot be reached in 1 shot. Not even close. So just wondering if that is what you intended to happen, or just part of the programming? All 3 computer player scores would qualify for all time greatest scores, by several strokes. Here is the links:

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u103 ... cture3.png

Just wanted to see if you knew this was happening. Thanks again for all your work!!!

stavitjo

Jake
Site Admin

Re: GL Golf 2.21, Computer Players

Post by Jake » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:17 am

Thanks for the screenshot! Right now the scores are somewhat random, averaged around your score. You must have been averaging a birdie, because the computer will typically score ±1 away from your average.

I'll work on this for 2.22, I'm not sure why they are averaging lower than I intended.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

cutler
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by cutler » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:11 pm

Hi Jake,
Instead of or as an option to computer players' scores, would it be possible to have one's own previous best three scores shown? After all, one can only try to better one's own performance and being able to see how one did on a prior round would, I think, be very helpful.
Cutler

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:13 pm

Good idea cutler, I'll add it to the list of things to do eventually. I actually added the option to turn them off last night, that should be ready in April for 2.22
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable