Grand Lake, Hole #13

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
stavitjo
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Grand Lake, Hole #13

Post by stavitjo » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:04 pm

Hello All,
overall, new course is pretty cool, and obviously difficult. Probably most difficult course yet. Thanks.

My question is to anybody about the 13th hole. For probably a dozen times, I come to the 13th probably 7 or 8-under par, only to completely screw the round on this hole.

How are you all playing this? I am using a 3-Wood, full backspin trying to stop it on the island to the right. I figure you have a 25% chance at best of landing it on the fairway, if you don't, your round is over. You cannot reach the green regardless of any club you use cause of the sand. The hole is actually very unfair in my opinion. There must be a better way of playing this hole rather then getting lucky 25% of the time even with a great shot. The fairway is so sloped, even a perfect shot with backspin will fall off to the sand. Very frustrating.

I assume this is the only island worth going for since the other one is about the size of a pinhead.

Thanks for any input.

stavitjo
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Grand Lake, Hole #13

Post by stavitjo » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:16 pm

Actually, I will update myself:

Just practiced on the 13th tee, hit 20 shots using both 3wood and driver, going to both the left and right island.....hit a fairway 3 times out of 20.

What am I missing here? Jake? If you miss the fairway, which is almost impossible to hit, you cannot reach the green on your next shot, and lucky to even get your chip shot to stay on this fairway. It's like hitting onto a concrete mound.

I gotta be missing something. REALLY frustrating. Thanks again.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:05 pm

I just tried it several times and you are right, it is very hard! I wasn't able to hit the fairway even 50% of the time, though I did have luck with a 1-wood with 1 click of backspin and loft, with almost no wind.

For the tournament (starting right after this post) play it safe and try to get to the green in 3. I'll make it a bit easier to hit the intermediate green in the next update.

Thanks for the post, I've been so busy with various things that I missed this!
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

stavitjo
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by stavitjo » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:46 pm

Thanks Jake.

Wasn't posting 'cause I wanted you to fix it. No need. The course is fine. I don't mind the challenge, just have to play it for a par....if you are lucky. I think I double or triple bogeyed it during my first tournament round though. LOL.

Now if I can figure out how to reach the 1st hole green in 2 shots. LOL.

Good luck.

stavitjo