Ashdown and Torry Pines

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
michael
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Ashdown and Torry Pines

Post by michael » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:50 pm

Can you check out the new low scores at Ashdown and Torry Pines? It is hard to fathom that someone could shoot a eagle at almost every hole? This is at the normal level :!:

Jake
Site Admin

Re: Ashdown and Torry Pines

Post by Jake » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:04 pm

Those do look fishy... I'll take a look at it, I'm not sure how he's getting such low scores. I'm not sure if I'll be able to find out how, hopefully the whole score list doesn't fill up with stuff like that!
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

michael
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by michael » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:05 pm

And now there is a 36 at Ravenswood. I don't play at the normal level but DS does and I find it hard to believe someone could shoot 10 shots better than him and everyone else.Also how could anyone shoot a 2 at every hole? This is not Ironwood. Could he be posting scores from Ironwood on other Venues? When I break a Record it is by 1 or 2 shots not 10 to 12 shots. This is very strange! :?:

stavitjo
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by stavitjo » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:01 pm

I agree. My username is stavitjo, and have played this enough to know someone is putting up bogus scores, especially on Ravenswood and Ashdown. I have played enough on Ashdown to know that a perfect score, including several hole outs will get you to -18 or -19 at best. My best is -16, actually it was almost a perfect round, and that was good for #3 alltime. Then this "gak" comes along and puts up a -30, 12 shots better then any score anyone has ever put up? Impossible. Seriously, it is not possible.

And this hack also beats the alltime record on Ravenswood by 10 strokes?

This isn't strange, or some brilliant player. Again, I have played this game enough, and gotten good enough to know this is a cheat or some flaw.

Please look into this Jake. Frustrating to see these scores, and I haven't really wanted to play anymore this past month 'cause of this.

Thanks.

michael
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by michael » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:42 pm

Gak cannot be real. I have played over a thousand games at the pro level and have figured out the best way to play every hole. When I set a record it's because I might play 14 holes real good and hit a great shot 4 times.How in the world could Gak hole out from a distance all 18 times??? At this rate every record will be shattered by 10 to 12 shots. I hope this don't happen at the pro level. I like checking the normal level to see what is possible but to see one person go so far beyond everyone else is weird

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:38 pm

I agree, those scores must be fake. I've went ahead and removed them, hopefully when he notices that the scores are gone he will stop submitting bogus scores. Luckily nobody else has figured it out yet, I have a few ideas of how to beef up security if it starts to get worse.

Sorry that this has made the game less fun for you guys. I use to play Diablo 2 when people were hacking the game, so I know how cheating can take away from the game.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal