GL Golf Versoin 1.02

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
chucco
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

GL Golf Versoin 1.02

Post by chucco » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:44 pm

Hi Jake,

I love your game and thanks for the latest update. I, like others, am experiencing interruption during game play. I also have a problem with the game locking up on the 18th hole, when it says "touch to continue" I touch and nothing happens. If I hit the home button and then restart the game I usually get the screen where you can save you score. I am definitely interested in purchasing the new deluxe version and would like to make the purchase during the first week when you indicated a probable discount for current game owners. Would it be possible to send out email alerts the day the new version is posted?....By the way a couple of suggestions: more information in help like on the swing meter, etc., the draw/fade and the loft /punch sliders are difficult to move, what does the save button do?....I think the idea of more background graphics would be cool.

Thanks,
Chucco

Jake
Site Admin

Re: GL Golf Versoin 1.02

Post by Jake » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:00 pm

Hi Chucco,

I'm aware of the interruption, and should have a fix by the new year. Hopefully I can find the lockup on the 18th hole, I think it has to do with whether or not the iPhone has good signal/wireless connection. I'll most likely release the deluxe version along with the 1.03 update, and the 1.03 update will have some sort of news alert informing current owners about the Deluxe version and whatever discount is available. Thanks for the suggestions, and the save button is the same as hitting the home button on the iPhone except it takes you to the main menu instead of the iPhone home screen.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

mf ben
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by mf ben » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:16 pm

I am almost certain the lock up on 18 is due to poor internet connection. I play this game in the restroom at work and noticed I always get the lock up when I finish a round in there where there is also zero reception.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:25 pm

Thanks, I definitely need to find a way to lower how long the game searches for an internet connection before giving up. Once I change that to ~5 seconds it should stop the lockups
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

DaVeS
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by DaVeS » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:22 pm

Jake, has the stutter problem been fixed yet? I am still experiencing the problem which is worst when the swing meter is climbing up. I know I can wait and the meter will reset but it often happens when I can't stop my finger lol

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:22 pm

I'm not sure DaVeS, I haven't noticed it as much but if you are still experiencing the problem then I guess it's still happening. I've looked long and hard several times and still can't find it unfortunately.