Il est moi encore

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
neilgbarclay
Nuclear Nova Hero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Il est moi encore

Post by neilgbarclay » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:05 am

Dear Jake,

I think I've mentioned this before, but it's been a long long time, and so I'll try again.

With regard to your "replay" of shots, it would be most helpful if they began from the original position, rather than half-way through.

We need to see the original "lie", or the information we are briefly given is virtually useless.

I mean it's nice to know we made that hole-in-one, but WHY did we make the particular CHOICES we made; and facing what circumstances?

Surely, it wouldn't take much to turn back a little farther. The feature has been improved, but not enough to be of a real aid to learning.

Well, its an idea.

For the record: I don't mean to imply that I'm really capable of learning when it comes to this diabolical passtime.

Barry
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Il est moi encore

Post by Barry » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:16 am

I've thought the same thing.. sometimes. I can see how that would be handy... but then again, it might make my OCD kick in and I'd turn to extreme measures to make certain I got all the parameters right the next time.

as a new player, I'm enjoying the learning curve. More and wholly accurate data (angle of attack, wind shear and microburst doppler) might just change the game enough so I "Chase the Numbers".
Personally, I want a golf cart in the next version. Or a caddie that looks like Marilyn Monroe.

-Barry

ps. Hey, but I do like the new Rainbow Aiming Arc. Is that new??

Jake
Site Admin

Re: Il est moi encore

Post by Jake » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:21 pm

Thanks for the reminder, this is definitely still on my list of things to do. I still have no idea when I'll get to it though. For now you should be able to see the power level and all of the spin/options that you chose if you look at the scorecard.

The rainbow arc is new in 2.17, I'm glad you like it!

PS - I just got the new course for October in, I'm running through a few test rounds right now :)
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal