2.15 comments

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
DaveR
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

2.15 comments

Post by DaveR » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:13 pm

Upgraded to the 2.15 and the putting is very jittery and shaky. I haven't played the game in a few months, so perhaps this problem developed in a previous release, but 2 months ago I had all the graphics options on high and everything was smooth as silk - now, even with the options turned off or low, the putting is consistantly shaky. It's playable, but very annoying. I like the fact that putting seems to be harder now (i.e. the greens seem to be a lot firmer and faster now) but it's just no fun to play with those shaky graphics whenever the ball starts to slow down on the greens

Also, although divot and pitchmarks are an option, I've never seen one.

The pointer often disappears or becomes invisible in the drop down menus.

On the plus side, I love the new flybys and the options for loft/punch shots.

Dave R
1.83 Intel iMac, 2GB RAM, 10.5.4

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:33 am

I'm not sure why the putting is more jittery and shaky now, I can't think of anything in the past few months that should make it run like that. I would experiment with the VBL sync, sometimes it can drop the framerate down to 30 FPS if your computer isn't fast enough to do a constant 60. What type of computer/video card are you running? Putting is slightly harder now because the ball will roll more realistically now for longer periods of time. Before you could hit the ball strait up the steep hill, and it would "pause" for a second at the peak right before it turned around, ending that put. This is no longer the case.

Here is a picture of the pitch mark and divot - http://nuclearnova.com/temp/pitchdivot.png

I've never had the pointer act like that, are you saying you just go through the menus and it suddenly disappears? What version of Mac OS X are you on?

I'm glad you like the flybys and loft/punch shots, hopefully I'm adding more good stuff compared to all these random problems popping up in the 2.15 beta
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

DaveR
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by DaveR » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:31 pm

Jake -

I'm using a Core 2 Duo iMac (released Sept 2006) - the low end 1.83 GHz model. OSX 10.5.4. 2 GB RAM. Whatever video card is stock on that model.

I appreciate that the putting is more realistic now, but the "camera" seems to follow the bounce of the ball on the greens and as the ball slows down it makes for a very shaky view. The main appeal of this game for me was it's simplicity and smooth game play - now that I'm having to play with all the new graphics settings, the game just isn't as fun as it used to be. I may be in the minority and I understand you wanting to constantly improve the game, so take my comments as simply observations - not complaints. I've already gotten my moneys worth out of this bargain priced gem and appreciate your effort and constant updates.

As far as the mouse pointer disappearing in the menus - it's not a random occurrence. When I click on a menubar item, the pointer always disappears as I navigate through the lists. The menu items are still highlighted and I can select my choices, but the pointer is not there. GLGolf is the only app I experience this behavior in. I have a logitech mouse and use logitechs control center software. DragThing and LaunchBar are usually running in the background. I'd be glad to provide any additional info - let me know what you need.

Dave

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:21 pm

Is there an older version you know works well that you would like me to upload for you?

You are definitely not in the minority, GL Golf is meant to be a casual game with fun gameplay, and was not meant to have tiger woods 2008 graphics. Unfortunately I think you may have the integrated intel graphics card in your iMac, which have given me nothing but trouble with GL Golf(they drivers are so bad I have to revert the game from high to medium quality mode). I have no clue as to why the mouse disappears when you go into the menu, the game tells the system to show the mouse whenever it is moved. I might have to add an option to turn off mouse hiding if I get more reports of this.

Thanks for the feedback again.
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

walter
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by walter » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:38 pm

I hope DaveR does not mind me adding in my comments/findings to date.

In GL 2.15 the description area of the course ( any course selected ) is just an empty "white" box. There is no text in that box and no "up/down" arrows to reveal any text that may be hidden in that box.

Processor 2.16 GHz Intel Core Duo

Memory 1 GB

OS 10.4.11

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:55 pm

Thanks for the report, that will be fixed for 2.16. This has been happening with certain computers running 10.4.11, I'm not sure why but I know an easy workaround.