GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sapphie
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Sapphie » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:54 am

Hi Jake

I wanted to say thanks for another great update. The slower version of the new flyby view is much better (thanks) and I think the new behaviour on the putting green will be entertaining!

The new 'morning' mode is pretty surreal. I know I was one of those that asked for something like this, so thanks again! One thing that does strike me though is that it might be better called 'Sunrise', and the night time one that's coming 'Sunset', unless it really is a night time mode. Now there's a thought, playing golf under a full moon?!

One other thought - how about making the course grow gradually lighter as the game progresses during morning mode. As the sun comes up it should get lighter. Just an idea.

Sorry - one more! Iis there anyway you can get rid of that odd 'underwater' view you get when the ball goes in the water? Just a nice plop and a splash would do!

Lee

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:03 pm

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you are enjoying the updates!

The night mode is now finished, and it actually is really a night mode! I figured sunset was too similar to sunrise, so why not add a moonlit mode instead.

Great idea about the course lighting up as the day goes on, maybe the night mode will get darker as the holes progress.

I think I know how to fix the underwater view, this bug was introduced when the command-key speedup was added. The ball still sinks for a half second or so, but because of the speedup it is sinking twice as fast.

These two things should be pretty easy to add, thanks!
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Sapphie
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Sapphie » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:17 am

Jake

Great! Don't make things toooo dark though, unless you are going to make the marker posts glow or something ... or maybe even the ball, we need to be able to see to get round!

Lee