Some 2.08 bugs

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
AndrewD
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Some 2.08 bugs

Post by AndrewD » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:58 am

St Andrews Jubilee Hole 8 - took a mulligan to return to lie at edge of green, flag reappeared. Thought this was fixed in previous version?

Sometimes on putting, the ball appears to pass over the hole, but still goes in. On replay, the optical effect of the ball "over-running" doesn't happen. You do seem to have fixed the replay bug where a replay ccould result in a different outcome, well done!

Something random about accuracy off tee, even when you get the beep! Can't pin this down but the effect is real and not wind - has happened to me even with wind directly behind!

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:54 am

I tried to recreate the bug but couldn't get it to work, my guess is the ball was on the transition between the green/rough so maybe the game thought it was over the rough after the mulligan?

The ball should drop into the hole, I've never really seen it "over-running" the hole so I'm not exactly sure what you mean. And yes I am VERY relieved that the replay no longer changes the outcome... what a mess that was to find/fix!

Using too much backspin or sidespin can cause inaccuracies, even with the beep. I haven't noticed any inaccuracies off the tee while not adjusting the spins, but I'll keep an eye out for it now.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

AndrewD
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by AndrewD » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:16 am

I can't recreate these bugs to order either, which is frustrating.

I've come across another that is hard to pin down, but which you should look out for. Sometimes the ball appears to fall "through" the grass, emerging in a slightly different place. Be interesting to know if anyone else has seen this one.

Regards,
Andrew

Oz
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Other bugs

Post by Oz » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:45 pm

I can select full-screen anti-aliasing and go to full screen mode fine. But the next time I play, the game will lock-up after hitting the 'Play Golf' button if the anti-aliasing is selected.

The auto-aim seems to work fine most of the time, but occasionally it's not even close.

Jake
Site Admin

Re: Other bugs

Post by Jake » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:29 pm

Oz wrote:I can select full-screen anti-aliasing and go to full screen mode fine. But the next time I play, the game will lock-up after hitting the 'Play Golf' button if the anti-aliasing is selected.

The auto-aim seems to work fine most of the time, but occasionally it's not even close.
I just tried what you said about anti-aliasing and fullscreen and I couldn't get it to happen, what type of video card and version of mac os 10 are you in.

I'm not sure about the auto-aim problem, once or twice I had it jitter about for me until I pressed a button, but it was never far off. I'll keep watching
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Oz
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by Oz » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:25 pm

The anti-aliasing lock up occurs on my iMac G5 PowerPC 1.8GHz, 2 GB, GeForce FX 5200, OS 10.5.1. I don't have this problem on my MacBook Pro Intel Core Duo 1.83 GHz, 2 GB, ATI Radeon X1600, OS 10.5.1. In fact, everything seems to be smoother on the MacBook (and the VBR syncing seems to be fine in 2.09, unlike in my other post referring to the iMac).

I figured out when the auto-aim doesn't work. It works fine if you're playing single player or when playing multi-player and the next player's turn comes up automatically. However, when one player sinks a putt and you have to press a key to go to the next player, the auto-aim is often significantly off target.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:52 pm

Thanks, I don't do enough multiplayer testing by myself so I missed that. Should be an easy fix for 2.09 or 2.10