[Mac] GL Golf Beta Program

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
aaronlee
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: GL Golf Beta Program

Post by aaronlee » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:35 pm

Hey Jake, I am using 10.4 on a intel system and the club options menu seems to working fine. I just tested the 315 driver on a couple of holes and it is loading up fine.
Attachments
Picture 1.png
Picture 1.png (113.35 KiB) Viewed 34442 times

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:03 pm

Good news, thanks for the report!

I've started to like the 315 yard driver, makes par 4's easier most of the time, and long par 5s still need to be reached in 3.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:07 pm

Beta 2.26 is up at http://nuclearnova.com/fullglgolfbeta.zip. Please post any incompatibilities, major problems, or comments on new features here. This is the perfect time to practice the new course before the tournament!

Added a new 18 hole course, Blind Man's Bluff, for subscription pack owners
Added a new 330 yard driver club option with mulligan restrictions
Added the option to turn off the new high quality rough
Optimized the new high quality rough, especially on slower video cards
Fixed a bug where certain water reflections could be seen through grass
Added notification when going to the driving range could erase tournament progress
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

walter
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by walter » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:46 pm

First time for me to evaluate your Beta's so I just wanted to be sure that only the "DEMO" course is available to evaluate ?

:oops: :oops: :oops:
The Famous Adventures of Mr. Magoo - Robin Hood https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzoWVNsY6a4

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:17 pm

walter wrote:First time for me to evaluate your Beta's so I just wanted to be sure that only the "DEMO" course is available to evaluate ?

Are you saying you only have access to the demo? You may need to re-enter your serial number if the game somehow is no longer registered on your computer.

walter
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by walter » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:22 pm

Jake wrote:
walter wrote:First time for me to evaluate your Beta's so I just wanted to be sure that only the "DEMO" course is available to evaluate ?

Are you saying you only have access to the demo? You may need to re-enter your serial number if the game somehow is no longer registered on your computer.
OH dmmmmmm. I forgot, I installed Leo on a FireWire drive and yes GL Golf is not registered by Leo. I'm glad you thought of that possibility. Here we go, I've got to go into the basement and find my codes ( again ).

I've just played a few holes at your 226 beta course and found that sometimes the golf club head would just disappear and I was playing with a stick.

The graphics for the trees are somewhat odd because the trees seem to be like paper cut outs pasted onto the course. The stumps for all the trees are look alike.Just pine trees ? No other species ? OK I agree it's just q niggley point.

Yikes: am I supposed to post those comments here or is there a special place.

Incidentally, in the Help (apple menu bar) perhaps you could embed a special reply to area for BETA users.

It's a bit late here but I am golfing tomorrow morning at the GL Beta course. Any 4somes? :mrgreen:

w
The Famous Adventures of Mr. Magoo - Robin Hood https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzoWVNsY6a4

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:35 pm

I have no idea whats up with the club heads, maybe they are sinking into the rough a little bit?

There are currently 3 tree models, maybe I'll add more in the future if I have time.

This is a fine place to comment, there are a bunch of threads in this forum but I read them all. In the GL Golf Help menu there is a link that sends you to this forum.

Good luck on the course tomorrow, I'll join you for a foursome of real golf this weekend if your in the Rochester area!

AndrewD
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by AndrewD » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:00 am

All checks out for me - have played a round at BMB and posted a score.

I have sent you an email Jake, with a couple of visual problems, nothing major.

I also noticed that the upcoming tournaments need updating - and the tournament this month is at a course called Rocky Beach - so a bit unsure whether I should be practicing Rocky Coast or Rocky Grove, because Rocky Beach doesn't exist!

A.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:31 am

I just read the email, I'll look into those two bugs for the next version.

As for the tournament, the next one will be Rocky Beach. I confused myself when I had to rename Pebble Beach to Rocky Beach. I'll update the upcoming tournaments for the next version, maybe listing out the december to april courses/difficulties.

walter
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by walter » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:08 pm

Are you guys talking reality or virtual course names ?

Please excuse me I don't get out of basement very often plus I lead a very sheltered life.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:01 pm

Pebble Beach is a famous course in california that was replicated in GL Golf, but due to copyright issues the name had to be changed. There are several other replica courses in GL Golf, they are usually the ones most often played.

walter
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by walter » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:06 am

Jake wrote:Pebble Beach is a famous course in california that was replicated in GL Golf, but due to copyright issues the name had to be changed. There are several other replica courses in GL Golf, they are usually the ones most often played.
:oops:
Jake,

could you whisper them to me ?

walter

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:40 pm

PM Sent

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:14 pm

Beta 2.27 is up at http://nuclearnova.com/fullglgolfbeta.zip. Please post any incompatibilities, major problems, or comments on new features here.

Added a new 18 hole course, The Big Easy, for subscription pack owners
Holding the shift key slows down gameplay while the ball is in the air
Backspin is 20% more effective and reduced inaccuracy from using too much
Fixed a bug in medium quality mode where steep terrain could cover up the entire game screen
Fixed three separate bugs where tournaments could load the wrong clubs, crash when loading courses in newer versions, and finish after the first hole
Two other small improvements

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:42 am

Beta 2.28 is up at http://nuclearnova.com/fullglgolfbeta.zip. Please post any incompatibilities, major problems, or comments on new features here.

Added a new texture effect to steep fairway and sand in high quality mode
Added a new 80 yard gap wedge club option
Added a second evergreen tree model
Added word effects for on screen hole/score notifications
Optimized the texture effect previously added to the rough
Fixed a bug where the latest course is ineligible for the monthly tournament
Leveled some greens on Beauregard CC and reduced the difficulty rating to 1/5

pb2au
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by pb2au » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:06 pm

I must be getting slow; I can't find the 80 yard gap wedge.
--d@ve

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:46 pm

pb2au wrote:I must be getting slow; I can't find the 80 yard gap wedge.
You have to select it in the main menu, just like the new drivers.

walter
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by walter » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:00 pm

Jake,

Hole 8 Breakers Coast gave me graphical troubles: after the first shot landed in the hill and had to hack my way out but club was buried in the hill and the ball was not visible.

Also prior to that some of shots would pause and slightly hang.

I don't think it's my computer : iMac 3.06GHz SnowLeopard although it could be my computer ( not my golfing please ).

Walter

pb2au
Nuclear Nova Legend

Re: GL Golf Beta Program 2.28 - All Time Best Rounds

Post by pb2au » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:09 pm

GL Golf 2.28 Beta does not load the Internet (All Time) Best Rounds for Snowflake Ridge.
--d@ve

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:36 pm

Snowflake scores fixed, Thanks!

As for the hang, I don't know what new features could be causing that. It could be a known issue where some of the pre-shot sounds have to load right before a shot is hit, which can cause a slight delay.