[Mac] GL Golf Beta Program

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Jake
Site Admin

Re: GL Golf Beta Program

Post by Jake » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:27 pm

Thanks for the report, I don't know if I'll get around to fixing the flyovers in time for the update. No need to notify me about the ball in the hill since they will all be fixed at once in 2.23. I'm glad to hear the game doesn't quit, that simple bug took a while to figure out today
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

neilgbarclay
Nuclear Nova Hero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New Course 2.22

Post by neilgbarclay » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:29 am

Jake, the mad:

Well, I have not had any balls pass through hills. Maybe I'm just unfortunate.

I have had the "now-you-see-it-now-you-don't" on some greens - namely hole 13.

Badger Pass is a misnomer. It should be called the "Marquis de Sade Links."

Surely, there is nothing that actually exists at this bizarre/macabre level. Hole 11 is positively absurd.

On the other hand, I think it will turn out to be fun.

I had a strange experience with the download. I kept ending up at "forum," but when I'd finished I found about five downloads on my desktop incuding three 2.21. (Two 2.22)

Suggestion: arrange a download from the Website, bypassing the email completely (except for notification).

Also, what's with this "phpBB" logo? Have you been bought out?

Regards,

NGB

Jake
Site Admin

Re: New Course 2.22

Post by Jake » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:48 am

It is a pretty crazy course, I would love to attempt to golf it in real life! The next one will be an easier course since we just had two really hard ones.

I link directly to the forum so people can discuss the beta on the forum after downloading. In fact I'm actually merging this thread with the GL Golf Beta thread, please use the "Reply" button on the link I email out to talk about the beta in the future. Thanks
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

neilgbarclay
Nuclear Nova Hero
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by neilgbarclay » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:29 am

Jake, as per instructed, I hope,

I've never extactly known whether or not I'm in the right place. To me a thread is something my wife crochets with, and a link is a piece of wire in a fence.

I have now played all of the new monster course and, except for that which I mentioned before, I've noticed nothing untoward (well, I did once have to shoot with an iron half buried - don't remember which hole).

At least I haven't had my ball hit trees that weren't there (ahem!). Nor have I found hills I could shoot through instead of over - but then, no two shots are the same. I may find it some fine day.

"Slow down, you move too fast; you have to make the morning last" sang Simon and Garfunkel. Maybe you need to pause to take them at their word.

Meanwhile, an accolade, if I may: you have, glitches notwithstanding, created something that is not only uniquely the best, but a boon to those of us who could never play the real game, but dearly wanted to; and, thus, your accomplishments are to be duly appreciated by anyone with sense.

Thanks, and best regards,

Your friendly Legend in residence - NGB

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:20 pm

Beta 2.23 is up at http://nuclearnova.com/fullglgolfbeta.zip. Please post any incompatibilities, major problems, or comments on new features here. There aren't too many new features this version, but I just upgraded to Mac OS 10.6 and I want to make sure this new version doesn't have any compatibility problems. Even a "It works fine" comment would be useful so I can feel better about releasing it Friday.

Greatly reduced file size, 171->81MB (46-33 compressed)
Added automatic updating with Sparkle
Pressing Z for putting topology now works with non-reflective and non-animated water graphics
Fixed a bug where "No Internet Connection" would show up on internet best rounds
Fixed a bug where the ball could be hit out of deep water after a water hazard
Reduced the number of areas where the ball/club can float/be buried under the grass
Tournaments rounds can now be played after 16 hours instead of 24
Tournaments now specify EST, players can start the final round up to 6 hours after the tournament expires
Tournament rounds are now additionally submitted to the internet best rounds. The game then loads the tournament screen
Optimized game for Intel machines running Mac OS 10.5 with Apple's new LLVM/Clang compiler
Requires Mac OS 10.4+, dropped support for 10.3.9

Sam Ples
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by Sam Ples » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:27 pm

2.23 is not launching on my computer

Vince

AndrewD
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by AndrewD » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:41 pm

Same Here, have sent you a note with the dumps. Good luck!

redmelons
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by redmelons » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:04 pm

Icon bounces then program crashes.

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000646e7582
Crashed Thread: 0

Mac mini Core Duo OS X 10.5.7

p.s.
I just upgraded to Mac OS 10.6
Show off! :lol:

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:06 pm

Thanks for the info! GL Golf has 3 binaries, one for PPC, one for Intel 32 bit, and one for Intel 64 bit. It looks like the Sparkle framework that I added for automatic updating, doesn't have all of those binaries GL Golf needs. I went ahead and rebuilt Sparkle the correct way, and I'm not unable to get GL Golf to crash. Please let me know if the new beta works (same download link)

AndrewD
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by AndrewD » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:30 am

Loaded fine this time, I played a few holes and it checks out. Will let you know if I come across any further problems.

A

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:48 am

Beta 2.24 is up at http://nuclearnova.com/fullglgolfbeta.zip. Please post any incompatibilities, major problems, or comments on new features here. This is the perfect time to practice the new replica course before the tournament one week from today!

Added a new 18 hole course, Oakmont Country Club, for subscription pack owners
Added a new 315 yard driver club option with certain restrictions
Fixed a bug where clubs could become buried after landing in water
Fixed a bug where the course preview would only load the first level preview
Replays now show the perfect/bad shot exclamation point notification
Removed spin/loft options from the putter
Removed backup CD from the online store
Two other small improvements

AndrewD
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by AndrewD » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:25 pm

Thanks Jake, 2.24 loads fine and all checks out including the new club. Looking forward to DR1!

Minor bug - there are no yardage markers on hole 10 of Oakmont.

Cheers, Andrew

StlCrtn
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by StlCrtn » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:42 pm

Have you ever thought about adding rain to the program? Falling snow would be something also! Being from the Pacific NW, it's not golf if you don't get the occasional rain shower.
Live Hard, Die Young... Leave a Good Looking Corpse!!!

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:48 pm

It is on the list of eventual updates, I'm not sure when I'll get to it though. I've played in both before in real life so it would be fun to add to the game.

Maczmum
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by Maczmum » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:05 pm

Sorry to be a pain, but I paid for 2.23 and updated to 2.24 that won't work anymore. It is the forum issue about updating to 2.24 and crashes the sytem. now we only get the unexpectedly quit window when trying to open it. I even removed every piece of GL Golf from my computer and downloaded and reinstalled. 2.24 will just not work with OS 10.4

I posted the report generated for apple from the unexpectedly quit window as well as the console issue for this error on July 17th. Please respond and at least let us know if you are working on it, or refund my purchase costs completely and we can part ways.

Thanks.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:46 am

I did see your post, I'll be home from vacation Thursday morning to fix the problem, so expect a reply on that thread thursday afternoon.

Sorry about the inconvenience, I'm still clueless how one of my interface files got corrupted for 10.4, but I'm almost sure one of my previous backups on my hard drive at home will fix the problem.

Maczmum
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by Maczmum » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:30 pm

Ok, thank you for the response.

walter
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by walter » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:12 pm

To sign up you must register for this forum, and then click the Usergroups link at the top, and then join the GL Golf Beta group.
Jake, I've been wondering around this course for some time trying to find that "...Usergroups link at the top " so that I could join your GL Golf Beta group.

Where exactly is that Usergroups link you say is at the top? Could you provide me with url link to take me there directly?

walter
The Famous Adventures of Mr. Magoo - Robin Hood https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzoWVNsY6a4

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:16 pm

It looks like that link disappeared in the forum upgrade from version 2.x to 3.x. I can't find the link now!

Try to go to your User Control Panel link, then the usersgroups tab, and see if you can try to join it there.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:09 am

Beta 2.25 is up at http://nuclearnova.com/fullglgolfbeta.zip. Please post any incompatibilities, major problems, or comments on new features here. Ignore the game asking you to "upgrade from version 2.241". I'm especially concerned about players using 10.4 and a power pc processor, I need to know if the club selection in the main menu looks correct now.

Added new texture effect to steep rough areas in high quality mode
Fixed a major bug which could cause GL Golf 2.24 to crash on PPC 10.4.x macs
Added notification when starting a new round could erase tournament progress
Added missing yard markers to several holes
Completely removed loft, punch, backspin, draw, and fade from putter
Distance and par values show up when previewing Badger Pass and Oakmont CC
Fixed a bug where pro/expert club selection could be lost when playing in tournaments
Fixed small inconsistencies in several holes