Clicking replay can change outcome of a great shot

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Chuck
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Clicking replay can change outcome of a great shot

Post by Chuck » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:37 pm

I twice have had an issue with the Replay feature. First, a few months ago, was when I (vainly, I admit it) wanted to relive a particularly nice delicate drop of a lengthy putt on a convoluted green. But on replay, the ball didn't fall in; it skimmed the hole and rolled past a few inches. I hit Replay again and again, with the same result. I lost an eagle and had to settle for a birdie.

It just happened again, on Breaker's Coast (GL Golf 2.07). On Hole 8, from 190 yards out, I hit a 4 iron. The ball hit the fringe, ran up the green, hit the pin and fell in the hole for an eagle. On Replay (will I ever learn?), the ball hit the pin but then bounced back a few feet. No eagle.

In the course of writing this bug report, I hit Replay one more time -- and unlike the first instance, this time the ball, once again, fell in the hole for an eagle. (Oh .... I love the enhanced applause of the gallery when you make an eagle in recent versions. "Thank you. Thank you very much.")

I'm sure that's a difficult bug to replicate.

Still love the game.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:27 pm

I'm very sorry about this frustrating bug, I know a few players have encountered it. I still haven't recreated the bug, BUT I do think I found something that will help for 2.08. I noticed that when using the replay the ball would end up ever so slightly in different spots after the replay, most of the time unnoticeable to the human eye. I worked on the code and I got the ball to end up in the EXACT same spot every time for me now in 2.08. I cannot guarantee that it will solve the problem seeing that I cannot recreate it, but I'm hoping it will help.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

redmelons
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by redmelons » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:06 pm

Aargh! I don't usually use the replay feature, but after hitting a hole in one at hole 9 of San Jacinto I couldn't resist it. :) Guess what? Yep, on the replay the ball trickles past the hole and 'For Eagle' comes up! :cry:

Could the code be changed so that a replay can't change the result?

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:32 pm

redmelons wrote:Aargh! I don't usually use the replay feature, but after hitting a hole in one at hole 9 of San Jacinto I couldn't resist it. :) Guess what? Yep, on the replay the ball trickles past the hole and 'For Eagle' comes up! :cry:

Could the code be changed so that a replay can't change the result?
Sorry about costing you an extra stroke! It has been changed for the next update, and I'm hoping that will stop the replay problems. I would have never imagined so many problems with this feature!
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal