2.04 feedback

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
AndrewD
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

2.04 feedback

Post by AndrewD » Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:44 am

I really like the new hard pitching wedge "club", but the new sand wedge has no apparent advantages over the pitching wedge... though I guess I might appreciate it stopping so quickly if pitching onto a downslope... hmm, must try that. The other new clubs I can't really find a use for either but early days.

The instant replay has been jerky since 2.03 - does it use more CPU since you made it more accurate or is it just a feature of the accuracy code?

Cheers, Andrew

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:29 pm

I'm glad you like the hard pitching wedge, it does fill a nice gap! The sand wedge is a loftier version of the soft pitching wedge, and only goes 30 instead of 40 yards. I've only played 3-4 games since I added the sand wedge, but I think I like it more for close shots, unless there is too much wind!

Since the fix, the replay now copies previous hits almost exactly, frame by frame. Before you could replay a ball and get different results based on background tasks that the computer was doing, or having different graphics settings. Now if the framerate slows down in the replay for some reason, GL Golf will take longer to show the replay (maybe thats where the jerkyness comes from), but it will have perfect accuracy.

Thanks for the posts Andrew!
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Hack
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Hack » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:33 pm

I would love to be able to throw my club in the lake and/or break my putter in two sometime. Great Golf Game.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:47 pm

Hack wrote:I would love to be able to throw my club in the lake and/or break my putter in two sometime. Great Golf Game.
I know what you mean... I was trying hard to get onto my own highscore page a little while back and I would mess up on the 17th or 18th hole with no mulligan left!

Oh, PS - In response to your last post the markers are now optional (just letting you know in case you didn't read all of the notes). Thanks for the suggestion!
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Chuck
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Refinements!

Post by Chuck » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:14 pm

I've played a single round with v. 2.04, and it seems to me that Jake has really fine-tuned some aspects. Wind seems to be a truer factor, for example. I let my brother-in-law, a former club pro, play a round with 2.03, and he was quite impressed with this game!

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:28 pm

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad I can keep improving the game! I just wish I had more time, maybe a summer/semester off school to work full-time on games