Replay not 100% reliable

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
AndrewD
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Replay not 100% reliable

Post by AndrewD » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:39 am

Hi Jake,

I've noticed that the replay code does not give the same result every time - I can't pin down the random element, but it's noticeable on some greens. Around 1 in 6 times, the ball finishes in a different place in the replay (usually short but sometimes to one side) and the view then jumps to the original position to play the next shot from. Even more extreme, I have had three or four occasions where a replay of a ball that went very close to the hole actually went in on the replay! The new score then stood.

Might be a tough one to track down, but thought you should know.

Cheers, Andrew

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:56 pm

Thanks, I'll take a look into it for the next update. I was hoping the accuracy of the replays would be a little bit better, maybe I'll have to figure out a new method of making it more accurate.

When the ball finishes in a different place in the replay and then jumps to the original position, that is a little safeguard to prevent someone from replaying over and over again to try to get lucky and get better ball position. However, if the ball didn't go in the first time it shouldn't be going in on a replay!
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

AndrewD
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by AndrewD » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:05 am

Appreciate your rework on the path of the ball during replay in 2.03, but I've discovered in 2.04 that there is still a random element when the ball "bounces out" of the hole (ie the path was right for the ball to go in the hole, just the speed was wrong). In this scenario, replays can cause the ball to go in, and the new score stands.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:38 pm

Thanks for narrowing it down, I bet I can recreate the bug. Right now the game is suppose to remember what happens when the ball hits the hole at the wrong speed, and most of the time it does, but I believe you when you say there are times it doesn't.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

cutler
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by cutler » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:35 pm

On my G5 iMac, hitting the replay button usually results in the ball's not going into the hole when it did originally, causing me to have to play an extra stroke.

Minor bug; this game remains the best value for money I've ever had!
Cutler