Specific Hole Bugs

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:01 am

Thanks, thats a great example and now I know exactly what's going on. When I build holes, they are broken into thousands of squares. In order to make the game look more smooth, those squares are broken into triangles where one side is one surface (green) and one side is another surface (rough). Unfortunately, for the game physics/collision detection, the game either uses squares or splits up the triangles from top right to bottom left every time.

I've added this to my bug list, I think it *might* also be part of the reason that some water hazards happen when they maybe shouldn't.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Sapphie
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Winding Meadows Hole 7

Post by Sapphie » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:50 am

Jake

I've been meaning to point this one out for a while but it's almost fun ... hence the delay!

Winding Meadows Hole 7 - when playing with 2 players and player 2 starts their shot the big tree bang in the middle of the view is invisible. Pressng a left or right arrow key brings it back into view but this is the cause of much hilarity if we forget! If player 2 takes their shot the tree appears but it is then too late and a collision is inevitable.

If it makes any diffference we are playing at 1680x1050 resolution.

Lee

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:35 am

Thanks for that bug Lee, I'm not sure how on earth that is happening but I just verified it! I will look into this and hopefully the fix is easy so i can get it out for the patch this coming weekend.
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Sapphie
Nuclear Nova Legend
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hole 1 of Isle West Broken

Post by Sapphie » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:28 am

Jake

Hole 1 of Isle West is broken in 2.16. I think it was ok in 2.15.

Now the tee position seems to be somewher in the sky above the water!

Lee

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:52 pm

Lee,

When did you download 2.16, and did you download the beta version? If I recall I think this bug was discovered and fixed during the beta period, I just downloaded a fresh copy off the server and that hole was working correctly for me.

Sapphie
Nuclear Nova Legend

Re: Specific Hole Bugs

Post by Sapphie » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:58 am

Jake

I did not update after the beta as there was no mention of a need to do so in the release email.

I'll download again and give it another try.

Cheers

Lee

Barry
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Ravenswood hole 6

Post by Barry » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:31 pm

I'm playing Ravenswood, hole 6 last night and I attempted a high arcing shot to get onto the putting green. As the ball was flying it passed over one of the shrubs.. and thwok! The ball fell to the ground below the bush, same sound and action as if it had hit a tree. The ball was about twenty feet in the air, way above the shrub thingy but it still got knocked out of the sky. I was so shocked I almost spilled my drink.

Cripes, I hope you don't want to know exactly which bush it was. If you want, i"ll find it again if I can.

-Barry

ps. also, sometimes I"m in a situation where my choice of clubs is limited to the wedges and irons... but later on, on the putting green they're all back. Whats up with that? Not really a bug, but I just wondered.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:16 am

Sorry about the ball hitting the tree! It's nothing specific to any one tree, all of them have funny behavior sometimes.

Whenever your ball is in the sand you are limited to wedges and irons.

Barry
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by Barry » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:30 am

>>Whenever your ball is in the sand you are limited to wedges and irons.

ah, ok. that makes sense. I didn't miss them, just wondered why.

man, this is a really good game. My insomnia gland thanks you profusely.

-Barry

David Hillman
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by David Hillman » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:33 am

I'm not sure if this is a specific hole bug, or not, but on Emerald Greens #1, the back-left portion of the green is so steeply-sloped that you cannot putt up it. Even at max-power, the ball goes a few feet, and comes back. That is almost physically impossible, and more to the point, really annoying. I had to putt in a circle around the edge of the green in order to get to the hole, and I think I twelve-putted. If it were actually that steep, the ball would never stop on that slope ( and you wouldn't even be able to stand on it, either ).

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:56 pm

It is a very tough hole, if I accidently make it to the bottom I almost always use a wedge to make it back to the top near the hole. GL Golf has some trouble putting on very steep hills

aminton
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Ravenswood 13

Post by aminton » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:53 am

Behind the green my club almost entirely disappears. (Still made birdie...!)

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:52 am

Thanks, that ones pretty bad so I'll get to it in the next update 2.21 or 2.22

aminton
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by aminton » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:44 pm

This one on Winding Meadows, second hole, behind the bunker and the green. The club is completely underground.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:54 pm

Thanks, Fixed. Thats 4 fixed holes for the next version :)

aminton
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by aminton » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:42 am

Buried putter and invisible trees...
Morroccan 8
Here, it seems a straight shot to the green, until suddenly the sound of branches and trees appear and are clear. (Notice where my ball "fell" to the rough just past the pond).
Rattlesnake 2
Sorry Jake for being a nuisance. Just trying to help out a game I love!
:|

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:43 pm

I'm not sure how the putter randomly gets buried like that, I don't think its specific to any hole but it just happens randomly. Same thing with the trees not loading every time, it seems like a 1/100 holes type thing for some players, always happening on some random hole.

I cannot recreate either of these errors despite playing countless rounds and reloading levels hundreds of times. Hopefully I'll figure them out at some point.

Not a nuisance at all, I appreciate the pics!

aminton
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by aminton » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:13 am

Ah video game randomness! Gotta love it. That actually seems right now that you mention, because it is very rare. Remember the old Atari hockey, when the puck would get stuck in the corner and nobody could get to it and you'd have to reset the game?

Good times,

Thanks Jake.

Sam Ples
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by Sam Ples » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:10 pm

I just had a strange occurrence at hole 13 of Badger Pass. My 2nd shot hit the trees on the right of the "dog leg". The ball kept falling through a variety of ground and sky backgrounds and emerged in the rough to the right of the green, in the hill.

Vince
Attachments
hole 13 1.jpg
hole 13 1.jpg (244.03 KiB) Viewed 39943 times

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:16 pm

Thanks, all of the holes on Badger pass should be fixed for the next update, I have a modification to make in the code that should fix all the holes at once (hopefully)