Specific Hole Bugs

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
aminton
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Specific Hole Bugs

Post by aminton » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:02 am

St. Andrews new, hole 1. Putting from 100 feet in the air! I missed (in case you were wondering) but I've had this happen 2 or 3 times before. In addition, putting across the green, sometimes the ball rolls under the green and back out, and sometimes not back out. This has happened only with the recent update (2.23).

Thanks, Jake.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:09 am

Is there any way to recreate the bug? I just played the hole three times but never got stuck in the air. If I can re-create the problem consistently then I should be able to fix it easily. I'm not sure what about 2.23 could cause this... hum
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

aminton
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by aminton » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:08 am

To the best of my recollection, it seems I had hit (R)eplay after missing a putt, but I'll try this and see.

aminton
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by aminton » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:41 am

Ok, I was able to recreate this problem (from my last post) though not every time, and not on the same hole. But there seem to be a few factors each time. 1) There is more than one player. 2) After missing a putt, pressing R for replay. But it's not always in the air, as with my picture. Sometimes the putter is set up way off in the ruff (where usually an 8 or 9 iron would be assigned). I tried this with 4 players and was successful on 2 of them, same hole.

The reason I came across this was when landing on the green with 2 or more players involved the "auto-aim" doesn't kick in (I usually play on expert), forcing the player to manually spin the aim 180 degrees. But I found hitting replay would remedy that, which is how I stumbled across this.

As always Jake, thanks for your consideration!

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:10 am

Thanks for the additional info.

Well I tried everything I could on expert with four players for about ten minutes, and I got it to happen once. I'm not sure why the game isn't auto-aiming for you, did you turn that option off in the menu? For now I would recommend against using replay as a way to auto-aim, hopefully I can figure this out but it's really confusing me!
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

pb2au
Nuclear Nova Legend

Isle West Hole 6 when taking a mulligan

Post by pb2au » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:31 pm

bug isle west #6.tiff
After Taking a Mulligan
bug isle west #6.tiff (123.13 KiB) Viewed 60379 times
During Practice, but also during play, taking a mulligan after a poor tee shot produces this error. You are placed back on the tee, but the power bar is the one for when you are in the rough, not the one when you are first on the tee. If I'm successful in doing it I will upload a tiff screen shot as illustration. I haven't experienced the bugs reported by others, so you must have successfully fixed them. I did, however, experience the seemingly random error of disappearing trees that has been reported by others on this same hole.

I'll try to make better tee shots so I won't need a mulligan.
--d@ve

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:53 pm

Nice catch, that ones been there for a long time! It looks like that bug is specific to that hole, the tee box area is mostly rough with only a small percentage of green. When you take a mulligan the game thinks your actually sitting on rough instead of the tee. Should be an easy fix

pb2au
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by pb2au » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:33 pm

Well, it's not specifically a bug, but I was previewing Beauregard CC for the upcoming tourney and I found out why it's going to be at Pro level. The 11th hole is a 711 yard par 4! I suspect that would be a challenge even for Mister_G, CC, & Matt, to name a few low shooters.
--d@ve

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:36 pm

I just checked it out, and thankfully that 711 yards is an error, its actually only ~350. Oh I bet those sharp shooters would still find a way to birdie/eagle a long hole like that though!

Jack Clark
Nuclear Nova Regular

Post by Jack Clark » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:58 pm

Hi, Jake-

This is going to be the easiest "bug" you'll ever fix: Your scorecard has "IN" and "OUT" backwards. You actually play the first nine "OUT," then you come back "IN" toward the clubhouse, see?

Great game!

Jack

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:12 pm

Jack Clark wrote:Hi, Jake-

This is going to be the easiest "bug" you'll ever fix: Your scorecard has "IN" and "OUT" backwards. You actually play the first nine "OUT," then you come back "IN" toward the clubhouse, see?

Great game!

Jack
If only all the fixes were like that! Thanks, I'll fix that right now.

pb2au
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by pb2au » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:06 pm

This is not related to a specific hole. It's not really a bug either. It's also not that important. But it should be a piece of cake to fix. Your home page link to Course Averages and Popularity yields a table with a few errors.
There are no data for Oakmont CC. I imagine this is very low on your priority list.
The par for Isle West is listed as 72; the score card shows 71.
The par for Rattlesake is listed as 75; the score card shows 73.
The par for Breaker's Coast is listed as 71; the score card shows 69.
The par for GL Classic is listed as 72; the score card shows 73.

Like I said, not very important.
--d@ve

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:06 pm

Thanks, I'll update my local filemaker pro database with the pars now but I probably won't get around to actually updating the numbers for a while since it's a manual process.

gpfw8
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by gpfw8 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:50 am

Hello

Morrows Field, hole 16, showed no tree(s) and when I drove the ball it ran into a tree that mysteriously appeared out of no where.
Golf 2.26 also crashes more than any other version before.

EddPendragon
Nuclear Nova Member

Re: Specific Hole Bugs Rocky Grove #10, #14

Post by EddPendragon » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:52 pm

Jake, On Rocky Grove, Hole #10 I made a hole in 1 and in disbelief i hit the replay. When the ball came down it missed the hole. It went past abour 6 ft. Then it appeared 1' in front of the cup! The signage flashed "for Birdy". The score card didn't give me credit either for the double Birdy.
Hole #10 same game, second shot going for the green I hit the invisable trees that used to be in front of the green! This on the 2.28 that I recieved yesterday.

EddPendragon
Nuclear Nova Member

Re: Specific Hole Bugs..#10 on Rocky Grove

Post by EddPendragon » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:55 pm

I meant to say Eagle onstead of Birdy!

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:58 pm

Sorry about the replay issue, it occasionally happens and I haven't figured out why ever since I redid the replay system.

Seems like a few people are having this tree issue, I need to find a way to re-create it so I can fix it.

EddPendragon
Nuclear Nova Member

Re: Specific Hole Bugs Blind Mans Bluff Hole #16 Second shot,

Post by EddPendragon » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:30 am

Hi Jake,

After seeing all of the glitches on the new version, I went back to the older one. What I found here is pretty cool!
My second shot hits the side of the hill, short of the fairway and flips my world upside-down then rolls the ball across
the fairway! up on top of the hill! What a shot!!!!!
Attachments
Picture 5.jpg
Picture 5.jpg (251.94 KiB) Viewed 60040 times

pb2au
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by pb2au » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:02 pm

I was playing the 3rd round of the Ravenswood PRO tournament when I had to save the game before I hit my 1st shot. When I returned I clicked on Resume Game and was told I had to have 14 clubs in my bag. I clicked on the Tournament button and then the play tournament and was told to use Resume Game button. I returned to the Main Menu. I changed the Difficulty button from Normal to Pro and hit the Resume Game button. I was at the Pro tee, not the Normal tee from which the tournament was being played. My overall score was not my tournament score, but 0+- 0.

The driver was invisible (I was using the DR2), but the power bar was displayed as normal; there was just no club displayed. Nonetheless I tried to make a shot with the invisible driver. The power bar functioned normally, but even though I hit the shot flush the ball did not advance. It advanced normally with other clubs.

I hit my approach shot short and instead of bouncing off of the bank into the water the ball was taken underground, through water, and ended up rolling to the back of the green.

I saved the game and quit. When I relaunched GL Golf and tried to play the tournament. I was told, "Error: tournament progress lost. That was frustrating, because at the time I was in 2nd place at 23 under par. Somehow I was given a 3rd round score of -4. I wasn't allowed to finish the tournament.
--d@ve

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:08 pm

Ah! That doesn't sound good at all! I'm sending you a private message