Specific Hole Bugs

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Jake
Site Admin

Re: Specific Hole Bugs

Post by Jake » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:12 pm

Well I have a solution for this tournament so you can finish your last two rounds.

Go into your home->library->preference folder and find GL Golf.plist, and move it to your desktop for safe keeping. Now, open GL Golf, re-enter your serial numbers, and then start the tournament over. Play two rounds, then email me with the user name used. I'll manually add those to rounds to your first two. Then after your done with the tournament go place that GL Golf.plist file back where it came from so that your old local best rounds and preferences are restored.

Sorry, hopefully this fixes everything!
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

cal411
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by cal411 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:57 pm

In the current tournament (Aug 20, 2010), on the 9th hole my 1st shot went "straight" down the fairway and hit a ghost tree. I'm probably lucky it showed up there...I think I probably was headed for the dirt anyway. Just thought I would pass this along... :D

EddPendragon
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by EddPendragon » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:11 pm

Hi Jake, I can't get mine to work. I have tried everything!

Edd

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:56 am

EddPendragon wrote:Hi Jake, I can't get mine to work. I have tried everything!

Edd
What happens?

Cal411: I'm looking into this, someone else emailed me about it
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

EddPendragon
Nuclear Nova Member

Re: Specific Hole Bugs Rattlesnake Hole-12

Post by EddPendragon » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:06 pm

I am now playing in tournment first round hole 12. My first shot landed up on top of the hill. While lining up the second shot I saw the green and then proceeded
to shoot my second shot. As soon as I hit the shot I could see a ghost tree coming in front of the ball, followed by the tree itself. Then the ball bounced back and
fell to the ground in front of the hill.
Can this be fixed or am I done? Thanks, Edd
Attachments
HPIM3713.JPG
HPIM3713.JPG (164.6 KiB) Viewed 64016 times
HPIM3714.JPG
HPIM3714.JPG (176.79 KiB) Viewed 64016 times

EddPendragon
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by EddPendragon » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:03 pm

Here is another view.
Attachments
Picture 2.jpg
another view
Picture 2.jpg (189.85 KiB) Viewed 64006 times

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:03 pm

I'm not sure why the tree was ghosting after the first shot. Since you're on the first round I'm going to send you a PM on how to restart the tournament, you should still have time to finish all four rounds.

EddPendragon
Nuclear Nova Member

Re: Specific Hole Bugs Rattle Snake Hole 17.

Post by EddPendragon » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:19 pm

Hi Jake,

I found two more ghost trees in the sand about 205 yds. from the tee on hole 17.
The top two attachments show looking back at the tee to see what I hit.
Attachments
Picture 6.jpg
Picture 6.jpg (48.02 KiB) Viewed 64018 times
Picture 4.jpg
Picture 4.jpg (63.68 KiB) Viewed 64018 times
Picture 2.jpg
Picture 2.jpg (72.59 KiB) Viewed 64018 times

Jake
Site Admin

Re: Specific Hole Bugs Rattle Snake Hole 17.

Post by Jake » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:48 pm

EddPendragon wrote:Hi Jake,

I found two more ghost trees in the sand about 205 yds. from the tee on hole 17.
The top two attachments show looking back at the tee to see what I hit.
Ah, I think I know why! What version of GL Golf are you running?

EddPendragon
Nuclear Nova Member

Post by EddPendragon » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:25 pm

Hi Jake, I am running 2.32

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:38 pm

That's strange, I remember this bug being fixed in one of the previous updates. For some reason only one of the two evergreen models are being loaded. I would consider deleting your preference file (http://nuclearnova.com/support/ should have directions), hopefully that does something to make the new trees load. This will delete any tournament progress and local best rounds, and you'll have to re-enter your serial numbers, so make sure it's worth doing before you try.

pb2au
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by pb2au » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:06 pm

This may not be about a specific hole. I was playing 18 Random holes and when I played my 13th hole, which was GL Classic #18, I had a Groundhog's Day experience. After playing this hole I was on the tee of GL Classic # 18 and I was playing Random hole # 13. This occurred 3 more times before I gave up and quit. It was as if I had switched to practice mode, which I hadn't.
--d@ve

pb2au
Nuclear Nova Legend

Long Shot #6

Post by pb2au » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:04 pm

This happened on Long Shot #6, but I don't think it had anything to do with this specific hole. I have never seen it before or since, so it's probably no big deal. This is a screen shot of what I faced for my 2nd shot (from the fairway). It appears to be a combination of the overhead view (key "b") in the background, and the normal view in the foreground. The shot played normally and the anomaly disappeared.
Attachments
LS#6.jpg
LS#6.jpg (155.12 KiB) Viewed 64000 times
LS#6.jpg
LS#6.jpg (49.59 KiB) Viewed 64000 times
--d@ve

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:16 pm

Looks like the sky texture wasn't loaded for some odd reason, shouldn't be specific to any hole though. Hopefully saving/resuming fixed it

caboose
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by caboose » Tue May 24, 2011 7:41 am

I have floating trees in Breaker's Coast 8th hole. I was playing a 2nd shot and then I decided to stop playing, so I hit a wasted shot the opposite direction, just for laughs, and got these pictures. I then hit and even putted for my next few shots, and still had these floating trees. The one picture that looks OK has the tree ghost image TDC after I had shot closer and closer to the floating tree in the other pics. Weird...

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue May 24, 2011 9:17 am

Thanks for the screenshots. I have noticed those before, I'll see if I can figure it out for the next update. Those screenshots should be useful in pinpointing which trees are doing it.

cutler
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by cutler » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:08 pm

Rocky Grove - hole 10 in version 2.390. See attached screenshot. It is possible to play to the green but not to putt.
Attachments
Rocky-10.jpg
Rocky-10.jpg (157.4 KiB) Viewed 62721 times

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:20 am

Wow strange screenshot! In the 2.40 version I have ready it looks slightly different and you can still putt, though I need to look into this more in 2.41 to fix the graphical glitch still there. Thanks,

grrbear
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by grrbear » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:49 pm

Morrowsfield hole 7, in 2.401: when teeing off, a tree appears out of nowhere and stops the shot.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:58 pm

grrbear wrote:Morrowsfield hole 7, in 2.401: when teeing off, a tree appears out of nowhere and stops the shot.
Could you post a screenshot? I see a tree right in the way