Bounce/roll problems in Mac OSX 10.3.5

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
AJ
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Bounce/roll problems in Mac OSX 10.3.5

Post by AJ » Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:14 pm

I downloaded 1.33, but still have some pretty ridiculous bouncing and rolling; seems that one hole's fine, the next is all over the place, the next one's OK, etc.

Also, it seems that the wind is not functioning. The indicator is there, but the ball doesn't seem affected.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:01 pm

Hi, what video card and CPU do you have? Are you running any background tasks at all?

The reason that some levels are slower than others is because each level is a different size, so some levels require more video card power.

The wind was working, but it has seamed to kind of stop - I am looking into it and it will be fixed in the next version.

Also the next version is going to have a nice speed bump in it too :)
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

AJ
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Bouncing, rolling...

Post by AJ » Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:23 pm

Not running anything in the background. If I quit a few times, I'll eventually get to a game where it doesn't happen. But it's very random.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:42 pm

The fact that it works sometimes makes me think its something else than my program, but can you answer those other questions for me please?
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

AJ

bouncing/rolling, cont.

Post by AJ » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:36 pm

CPU: PowerPC G4 (3.3)
PCI/AGP Card: GeForce FX 5200
VRAM

Does that info help...?

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:56 pm

Kind of, that video card should be enough to run it smooth. I just released 1.34 which fixed the wind and 1.4 will be soon which will have a big speed bum.

AJ

bounce/roll

Post by AJ » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:09 am

Will they be posted as free upgrades? And when?

Thanks.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:35 pm

I just realized I misread over your post! I assumed you were talking about the game being choppy (because some levels were more than others) but after re-reading it I realized you meant how much the ball bounces (I think). If you were talking about that, than I guess the problem is that the greens are to rock hard. Every patch I have been making them slightly softer, and in 1.4 I will make a big jump.

Also, 1.4 will definitely be free! It should be done within a week or two at most, everything done but it requires me testing it on a variety of computers because apple is horrible at making all video cards compatible with all operating systems and open gl.

AJ

bouncing/rolling, cont.

Post by AJ » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:08 pm

It's sometimes a bit choppy, but my problem is with the bouncing and rolling.

It's only on the computer I mentioned, and it doesn't happen all the time; it seems quite random.

On my 3-yr. old iBook, running the same game on the same OSX, it doesn't seem to occur at all.

AJ

Just to be clear...

Post by AJ » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:23 pm

The bouncing rolling is completely random, round-to-round and sometimes, it seems, hole-to-hole.

I just played a round on GL Classic, everything normal--usual bounces on the fairway and green. I chose "Play Round" again at the end of the game, and teed off. This time, the ball went crazy, bouncing the length of the fairway and into the water. Same club, same swing, same hole, totally different play on the ball.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:37 pm

Wow that seams really weird! I wish I could recreate the problem, I am going to have to play a few rounds myself tonight to fix this problem!

Good news - I just got the new graphics engine working so I can spend all my golf time fixing bugs!