Not worth 15 bucks at all!

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kg
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Not worth 15 bucks at all!

Post by Kg » Mon May 03, 2004 4:55 pm

Why is there a 15 dollar shareware fee?! Tiger Woods 2003 is 30 bucks, and no offense, is a much better game.

also

The ball physics need a lot more tweeking

other than that it's pretty intresting, but you shoulda kept it as freeware.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon May 03, 2004 9:37 pm

If you like tiger woods more, go purchase it, it is a great game that I never claimed to be better than. GL Golf is 15 dollars because I have put in hundreds of hours of work, and I need to pay the bills on things such as my web server, computer, and some profit.

Thanks for playing GL Golf, I hope the 3 demo levels are fun for you, I will work on the tweaking some more, you should see the physics from the OLD version from last year, it is a BIG improvement that will be worked on some more.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Guest » Tue May 04, 2004 4:44 pm

jake wrote:If you like tiger woods more, go purchase it, it is a great game that I never claimed to be better than. GL Golf is 15 dollars because I have put in hundreds of hours of work, and I need to pay the bills on things such as my web server, computer, and some profit.
Will I did buy Tiger woods, and I do like it more. By charging 15 dollars, you say GL Golf is half as good. Why do you expect people to purchase your game?

has anyone acutally bought this game? I would suggest lowering the price of the game, mabye more people would be intrested.

one more thing...

KGA golf is better :P

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue May 04, 2004 6:14 pm

Anonymous wrote: Will I did buy Tiger woods, and I do like it more. By charging 15 dollars, you say GL Golf is half as good. Why do you expect people to purchase your game?

has anyone acutally bought this game? I would suggest lowering the price of the game, mabye more people would be intrested.

one more thing...

KGA golf is better :P
While it is true that tiger woods does have more than twice as many features than GL Golf, that does not equate to twice the fun for everyone, maybe for you it does. I expect people to pay for my game if they feel that the 15 dollars will bring them more than 15 dollars worth of entertainment.

Actually I will just come out and post my sales numbers now, GL Golf has received over 50 registrations, so I am think that my price is reasonable.

I am glad you like KGA Golf, I know the developer because he entered it into the same contest I entered GL Golf into a year before me, and he did quite well. I believe that both games are fun, some will like GL Golf more, and some will like KGA more, I play them both!
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Cyraq

woot!

Post by Cyraq » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:49 am

glgolf is worth 15 bucks!!
i just bought it 2 minutes ago , and i am going to buy the expansion soon!
jake, im Nadim Kobayssi... check me on your buyers list ;D
youre the leetest man... i love your game, visit my site
http://cphere.net/html/
and post me a reply!

Cheers!
-
EURODANCER ROCKS!

Kg

Re: woot!

Post by Kg » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:16 pm

Cyraq wrote:glgolf is worth 15 bucks!!
i just bought it 2 minutes ago , and i am going to buy the expansion soon!
jake, im Nadim Kobayssi... check me on your buyers list ;D
youre the leetest man... i love your game, visit my site
http://cphere.net/html/
and post me a reply!

Cheers!
-
EURODANCER ROCKS!
EDITED BY ADMIN : Please don't insult people on my board, be constructive.

kg2004
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Re: Not worth 15 bucks at all!

Post by kg2004 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:33 pm

It's 4 years later, and this game is still not worth 15 bucks...

kg2004
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by kg2004 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:49 pm

Weird reviews for GL Golf iPhone...

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... e+Software

scroll down to Mrdevali's review, 11 people found his review unhelpful (I agree, because the review does not have any argument, but I agree that it costs too much), now look at the other review votes, every other review has about 4 votes at most; would it be crazy to assume that the author of this program is filtering reviews? Is the author worried that people will realize this game costs too much?

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:51 am

If you don't think the game is worth $15 then by all means don't buy it. I expect everyone to have a different opinion, and that's fine with me. I admit that several people think the game is overpriced, but I think the current prices are fair and I have several thousand users that agree with me, so it will most likely stay.

As the author I don't have the ability to filter reviews. I have one iTunes account, so I can cast one vote for each comment being helpful or not. Currently there are 41 reviews, mostly positive, so I think in general GL Golf is doing pretty well.

Barry
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by Barry » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:39 am

I don't want to feed the troll, but ....
You can say what you want KG, but I say that this is the best fifteen bucks I ever spent. Wait, twenty five: I got the course pack too. All based on the four hole demo.

Yea, it ain't Tiger Woods; it doesn't have EA's marketing machine behind it; it doesn't have real video cut scenes. And probably worst of all, it doesn't put a penny in Tiger's bank account. What it does have is pure simplicity of purpose. To me, its more realistic than Tiger because there is no extraneous fluff. I don't have to go to the Virtual Pro shop to upgrade my clubs, I don't have to mess with the "upgrading my skills" menu. In GL Golf my score is up to me, based on how I utilize the tools I'm given, the same as everybody else. Just look at the scores some of the other guys get. If people work that hard to get that incredible score....there's got to be something about the game.

Its also got the Ease of Use factor. I'm at my computer all day. In less than eight seconds (!), I can fire up the game and resume at the same hole I left off yesterday and stop whenever the phone rings. Gameplay is simple, straightforward and highly addictive.

It really is one of the best games I"ve ever played.

-Barry

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:27 pm

Thanks for the review Barry, I really appreciate it! When I started GL Golf I had goals similar to Tiger Woods, but lately I want to keep GL Golf a casual game for all of those reasons. I'm glad I've been able to add new stuff to the game over the years without taking anything away from the overall feel of the game.

kerry31
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by kerry31 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:55 am

I Love GL Golf. I paid and I played and Played and Played and Played.
I also have every Tiger Woods game, and there great too. But.... It takes over an hour to play around of golf even with the new speed play. Yeah the CG is better but it takes to long to load.
And If i'm not mistaken you have to buy a new version every year to get anything new.
Where as with GL you get a new update for free when something changes. I have the expansion packs as well.
Jake I think its a great game, and will keep coming back as long as you keep going.

PS. Have you ever thought about Online play? I know it takes a lot of server space and It may even drive the price up (lol), but i think it would be a great community project.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:06 pm

Thanks for the great feedback Kerry!

I have thought of online play, but I've just been way to busy with school to add it. If I ever end up with a ton of free time that is one of the top big features I want to add.