Developer Log

GL Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jake
Site Admin

Developer Log

Post by Jake » Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:11 pm

Version 0.1F
---
This version is the uDevGames2003 entry along with various upgrades including

-The swing system is now much more accurate, before the power used to be calculated as fabs(timeInSwing -0.4), so as you can see low power swings were basically random!
-High scores list!
-Game ending goes to an enter name screen, then high score list, then main menu instead of quiting
-Physics tweaked
-Random song to start with
-Lots of small things!!!
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:51 pm

I have been working ALOT on GL Golf lately, and its looking GREAT, there is a new skybox that looks like a real sky, as well as the terrain goes on for a very long distance. I also added some nice looking low polygon trees to make the holes look like an actual golf course. I would say the graphic quality of the game has doubled! I started to use some vertice arrays to speed things up on the animated models and trees, the terrain should hopefully follow bringing some GREAT speed improvements

No actual release, I still need to add collision detection to the trees, and fix various bugs that have appeared with the new version
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:58 pm

I have been working hard on the back end of GL Golf, basically just dealing with optimizations. I added some more display lists, and moved even more things to vertice arrays. The trees are now going to be able to be higher polygon count and will look real. The VRAM usage has also dropped a few megs, I hope to get in under 16 (right now with quartz extreme its just over 16 megs. Also many small things like fixing up some nibs and flag resizing. As soon as the trees are finished the game will be 90% of the way to being finished!

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:45 am

Lots more stuff added, too much to name, my 1.1 release to do list is down to about 5 items, some kind of big, some small, release still on target for Febuary.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:54 pm

For every problem I fix, another one comes up, but progress is still being made. To busy to actually find some specific updates to post.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable