Anyone still here? Question about iCloud sync in 1.05

Nova Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mwmosser
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Anyone still here? Question about iCloud sync in 1.05

Post by mwmosser » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:33 pm

I think I was the last poster, back in October. I'm happy to see iCloud integration in the latest version, but I am not sure I understand how it works.

I have the game installed on an iPhone 4S, and iPad 4, and my Mac Mini. I have backed up my profile on both devices (I understand 1.05 is still in approval stage on the Mac). I would like to import my phone profile to my iPad, as I have been playing far longer and am on level 32, but when I go to restore the backup on the iPad, it only sees the backup I made specific to the device.

Ideally, I'd like to backup my master profile from my Mac Mini, since that's my best golfer.

So, my question: how is the iCloud integration supposed to work?

thanks!

MM

Jake
Site Admin

Re: Anyone still here? Question about iCloud sync in 1.05

Post by Jake » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:27 am

Hi,

The Mac version with iCloud should be approved shortly by Apple if all goes well, they are so slow! I'm looking into this now, while developing it worked great with all platforms, but last night I couldn't get my iPhone to see my iPad! After going to sleep and waking up in the morning, the iPhone finally saw the backup from the iPad, but it shouldn't take that long! I'm working on this and hopefully will have it figured out soon
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

mwmosser
Nuclear Nova Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by mwmosser » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:50 pm

Thanks Jake. I will let it sync overnight and see what happens. I have always had issues with slow sync to iCloud with other apps, so it's not surprising. I guess I just didn't wait long enough for it to sync.

The plan is to have ONE profile consistent across all devices, right? That would be the Holy Grail for me.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:14 pm

Try opening and closing the app, and just generally using the phone, maybe that will trigger it. I've always had iCloud issues myself anyway, Apple dropped the ball on that release!

Ideally yes it will let you transfer your profiles so you always have the most up to date one. Just be careful because it can't sync in-progress tournaments in career mode, if you restore from a profile in mid-tournament it will send you back to the first round of that tournament
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal