What happened to the color green?

Nova Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ripley
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What happened to the color green?

Post by Ripley » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:30 pm

I enjoy GL golf so I bought Nova for my Ipad.

This is the oddest golf game I have ever seen/played. Nothing is green. Can anyone explain why the fairways aren't green? The greens aren't green?

Ripley

Jake
Site Admin

Re: What happened to the color green?

Post by Jake » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:07 pm

Could you post a screenshot? Something is definitely wrong if nothing is green!
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Ripley
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Ripley » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:54 pm

Jake,
How about if I send you an email?
Ripley

Ripley
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by Ripley » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:21 pm

Jake,
I don't have the proper app to post a screenshot from an ipad. But I did send a screen shot to"support@nuclearnova.com"
Ripley

Deano
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by Deano » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:34 pm

Jake,
Here are a couple of screen shots from Nova Desert. There are more extreme examples later in the course.

These are holes 13 and 14. At least one green later on Nova Desert looks like a sand green. Also, here is a fairway shot for No. 14. A lot of fairways look patchy.

Also, many of the greens, particularly on Nova Desert, have slowed considerable and putt a lot like public courses I've played late in the afternoon or worse. I've three- and four-putted from 3 yards because the greens killed the putt. Uphill, downhill, makes no difference. I've taken to chipping any moderately long to long putt on the green because I can no longer trust the greens to roll properly. Have seen the problem intermittently on Holes 2, 4, 8, 13, 14, 17 and 18 though not all the time. Some greens on the other courses have also slowed. Very odd.

Dean

PS. Even with all the chipping on the greens, I was able to survive a couple of tournaments and now have one left to complete.
Attachments
novadesert_fairway14.jpg
No. 14 fairway. A lot of fairways have this look.
novadesert_fairway14.jpg (12.29 KiB) Viewed 34740 times
novadesert_green14.jpg
No. 14 green on Nova Desert
novadesert_green14.jpg (15.09 KiB) Viewed 34740 times
novadesert_hole13.jpg
No. 13 green on Nova Desert
novadesert_hole13.jpg (16.77 KiB) Viewed 34740 times

Deano
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by Deano » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:44 pm

Jake,
Here are two more screenshots of Nova Desert Hole 14 during a tournament round. The earlier screenshots were during a practice round.

As you can see there is a difference on the same hole between practice and tournament play. As an FYI, using the distance guidelines for the putter, I four-putted from there.

Dean...
Attachments
novadesert_no14060612a.jpg
novadesert_no14060612a.jpg (27.47 KiB) Viewed 34733 times
novadesert_no14060612.jpg
novadesert_no14060612.jpg (37.05 KiB) Viewed 34733 times

Ripley
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by Ripley » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:14 pm

Jake,
Can anyone help? Does anyone know what app I need to post a screenshot on this forum. I did send some pix to support@nova.com, but I have not received any replies. Seriously, the game as I see it is joke. If there is no support how do I get my $$ back?
Ripley

Deano
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by Deano » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:48 pm

Jake,

If it helps any in the troubleshooting, all of the graphics weirdness appeared in the update. Version 1.0 didn't have any graphics problems that I saw and the putts were fast and often difficult but the greens behaved as they should were a wonderful test.

Dean

PS. I gotta say that because of the greens inconsistency now and the fact I'm chipping a lot, I've become pretty good at chipping. :-) So there are small positives.

Deano
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by Deano » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:01 pm

@Ripley,

The forum software actually can post the screenshots you've taken.

After you log in and click on the "Post Reply" button, and the entry window appears with the font color choices on the right and Smilies on the left, scroll down the screen with the scroll bar on the right, and you'll find a bar labeled "Upload attachment."

Below that is a button that says "Choose file." When you click on that you can navigate on your computer to the screenshot you took, select it, and then hit the "Add the file" button a bit further down. That starts the upload. There is also a "File Comment" window you can use to add a description or caption for the graphic you're loading.

When you're all set, click on the "Submit" button, and your screen shot will show up in the forum.

Hope this helps.

Deano

PS. There is a file size limit, but I can't remember what it was. I know I had to scale down the jpgs I uploaded, but the upload process went very smoothly after that.

Ripley
Nuclear Nova Newbie

Post by Ripley » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:05 pm

Thanks, Deano

Deano
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by Deano » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:49 pm

Jake,
One more screenshot. This showed up just now when I started the Pro Tour tournament, the last one available. Interesting the green was pretty normal the first time I tried the tournament (and washed out ... :-) but this second time, the green showed all this grass growth. Very odd.

Dean...
Attachments
novaforest_no2protour.jpg
novaforest_no2protour.jpg (54.06 KiB) Viewed 34678 times

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:40 pm

Sorry for the late reply guys, I'm on vacation until next Wednesday and have limited internet connection. I'm looking into this and hopefully can get 1.02 out the door ASAP.

Could you both do me a favor and upload a screenshot of your Nova Golf settings screen along with posting your system specs? If I can use those settings on a similar machine I'll have a better chance of finding the issues
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:32 pm

For now try turning the terrain quality up on the game, I think that is the culprit

Deano
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by Deano » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:14 am

Jake,

Here are my Mac specs:
21" iMac
3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Mac OX X, 10.6.8
(Will be upgrading to Lion very shortly)

Also, the green with the grass all over it doesn't appear every time I play that course during a tournament. It was fine the first time, and then what you saw the second time I tried the tournament, and then after I conceded that tournament, launched Nova Golf a couple hours later and started the tournament again, and Hole 2 played fine. Some of the greens later on have that patchy look similar to the screenshots I've uploaded, and I haven't had the nerve to try putting on them when there's a long put.

I should note that Nova Golf doesn't launch cleanly every time. About once in every five or six launches, it crashes, but relaunches just fine.

I will crank up the terrain settings and see how that works.

Cheers ... Dean...
Attachments
deansettings_060612.jpg
deansettings_060612.jpg (23.45 KiB) Viewed 34669 times

Deano
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by Deano » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:40 am

Jake,

Wow!

Cranking the terrain settings up to the highest setting sure made the difference. Everything looks great and the greens putt true and are once again very, very fast and a wonderful test of nerves and skill. Now when I miss a putt, it really is my own fault. :-)

Played through all the rounds of the final tournament without any strange graphics or odd-looking and oddly behaving putting surfaces.

Thank you.

Of course, I'm now out of tournaments to play. Finished all of them. Gosh, what's an addict to do. I guess play practice rounds. Looking forward to more tournaments and stuffl.

Hope this solves everyone else's problems as well. The game is awesome, once again. Thanks.

Dean

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:59 pm

I'm glad that helped! I'm going to either fix or remove the Very Low setting and definitely fix the Low setting for the next patch, I already know what I need to do.

As for the tournaments I'll add more a few new ones as new courses are released. If you need more credits for the pro shop you can start a new profile, new experience for your current profile can be won in practice mode. Eventually we'll have online multiplayer and tournaments so there will be even more replayability in nova golf!

Deano
Nuclear Nova Legend

Post by Deano » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:13 pm

Jake,

Thanks. And I just created a new profile and started the tournaments over. I'm a much better player now with all the experience, so this time through I'm doing pretty well, even with all the low settings. :-)

But I gotta find a way to get some work done.:-)

Dean...