Excellent fun and very frustrating...

Nova Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
capecove
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Excellent fun and very frustrating...

Post by capecove » Mon May 14, 2012 5:46 pm

Hi folks... I love Nova Golf. What a great opportunity to enjoy the wonderful courses and the challenging holes can be very rewarding, when played right. However, I do have a couple of issues.

1) As discussed before, some of the cups are just too difficult to get into. Hole 10 @ Nova Desert is just a real pain. That green is so far elevated and the trees stand as sentinels to guard anything that goes over the edge (which is far too often). Like others (think hole 6 on the same course), I can take 30+ swings at that cup before attempting to concede, only to find me back at the 3rd round, waiting for my deadly fate. :)

2) Random freeze ups. This plagues my system from time to time. 27" iMac with Core i5, 12 gig of RAM and Snow Leopard. Not too big of a deal, but force quit keyboard combo does not work and the music eventually will die out if I leave it in the frozen state long enough. I'm a small business owner who spends some of his time to relax from a challenging situation and I love to hit the links with this in between tough clients or projects. When it works, it's great therapy. When it doesn't work, it is just another maddening experience in life. Press and hold the power button, restart, try again.

Thanks for the hard work Jake, looking forward to seeing a more refined product in the future (and would LOVE to see practice capability, like just putting greens with random cups or editable greens and driving ranges). Also, and I know you are working on this, more courses that we can just play outside of a tournament, simply because we want to! :)

Take care...

Jason
Bandon, Oregon

snvboy
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Excellent fun and very frustrating...

Post by snvboy » Mon May 14, 2012 6:11 pm

Ditto on the stress release. Just gotta make sure the volume is down on the neverending conference calls.

Jake - have you considered a driving range course? Just one hole, or a couple different 'scenarios' where you can practice shots, get a feel for the power bars, and possibly try out all the equipment in the pro shop.

Just another idea. Keep up the good work!

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon May 14, 2012 6:12 pm

Thanks for the suggestions!

1) Along with hole 6, hole 10 is now much more fair. Let me know if any of the other holes are like this please

2) Hopefully I already fixed this with several of the crash fixes already added that are ready for 1.01. I haven't done much testing under 10.6.8 so I wonder if this could be something specific to Snow Leopard vs Lion.

You do know that in the practice rounds you can change the courses and from a full round to practice mode just by clicking the text right? I may need to make this more obvious somehow
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Mon May 14, 2012 6:13 pm

snvboy wrote:Ditto on the stress release. Just gotta make sure the volume is down on the neverending conference calls.

Jake - have you considered a driving range course? Just one hole, or a couple different 'scenarios' where you can practice shots, get a feel for the power bars, and possibly try out all the equipment in the pro shop.

Just another idea. Keep up the good work!
Yes I have, it's on the too do list. Something similar to the range in GL Golf
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal