Feature Request - Auto Saving

Nova Golf Feedback for the Mac and iPhone
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
snvboy
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Feature Request - Auto Saving

Post by snvboy » Wed May 09, 2012 11:23 am

Just placed #2 in a tournament, with 900+ credits in winnings, only to have the app crash when exiting the leaderboard page. I've seen this happen a couple of times, and it usually picks up at the last hole played when I relaunch. This time it's totally forgotten my fourth round in the tourney, the #2 finish, and the credits - was really hoping for some new clubs :(

How about the app saves it's current state after each hole, or after each shot? I'm sure there are lots of other bugs to work out, but this might make the v1 crashes more bearable for the rest of us.

MacBookPro core i7
OS 10.6.8
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

Jake
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request - Auto Saving

Post by Jake » Wed May 09, 2012 2:30 pm

Ahh that's frustrating for me to hear in addition to how frustrating it must be for you. Definitely working to fix these bugs, despite playing through the career mode several times and having the artists do the same we still miss some bugs. Luckily the first update has already fixed several bugs, one specifically related to the career progress saving/loading, so hopefully that reduces the frequency of the crashes.

Right now Nova Golf actually saves the game after every hole. I'm guessing that the save data is still buried somewhere, but because of where the app crashed the "Resume" button never showed up on the menu.

Were/are you able to play that last round again and make it past the spot where it crashed?
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

snvboy
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by snvboy » Wed May 09, 2012 9:52 pm

No, it just picked up at hole 1 of round 4 of the tourney. Still did allright.

Had another crash later today that actually hung the whole computer. I can't remember what the key combination was, but I'm pretty sure I was holding down the command key to speed up the game play (nice feature).

I'm all too familiar with the trials and tribulations of app development. Thanks for being responsive to the feedback. The game is a quantum leap beyond GL Golf. Plays a lot more realistically to the real game, I like the "career" concept and earning credits to get better clubs, balls, etc and experience points.

I know more courses are in the works. One thing that REALLY annoyed me about GL Golf was having to buy course "packs". Obviously you gotta put bred on the table somehow, but it would be neat to use credits for greens fees or 'club memberships' or something. Eventually I'll get all the clubs. The goal-oriented part of the new app has me playing it more. The app feels more "sticky" that way in a UX sense (a good thing).

Cheers,

Ben

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Wed May 09, 2012 10:31 pm

Thanks for understanding, I'm definitely going to get these worked out as soon as possible! Just porting the game over to the iPhone I've fixed/improved so many things, both small and large.

I'm glad you like the game. It's interesting to see how some people like GL Golf more, some Nova Golf more. As time goes on I think more will convert over, but there are still several features that need to come back over from GL Golf.

There may be one or two free courses, but I do imagine most will be IAP in one form or another. It won't be the nightmare that the GL Golf Shareware version has, with the regular version, combo pack, expansion pack, and subscription pack!
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal