OTHER FONTS AND ALPHABETS

ASCII Art + Video ASCII Art feedback
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
matthew
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

OTHER FONTS AND ALPHABETS

Post by matthew » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:33 am

ASCII Art is great, and good value too.

There are two features (edit > special characters and format > font) that imply I should be able to access other fonts and special characters. Actually, specificaly, I want to introduce some chinese caracters into my ASCII art. However, when I insert these into the Character Set, they display OK in the character set preview pane, but they don't join the party on the artboard. Am I being too ambitious, or just overlooking something, or maybe, as usual, being dumb.

Jake
Site Admin

Re: OTHER FONTS AND ALPHABETS

Post by Jake » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:13 am

Thanks for bringing up this point. Actually those menus were left in there by mistake. ASCII Art requires monospaced fonts, which unfortunately eliminates almost every cool and foreign font/symbol. I'll consider finding a way to add these features to one of the next versions, but 1.07 will probably just remove those menu items that don't actually do anything.
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal

matthew
Nuclear Nova Newbie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by matthew » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:47 pm

Thanks for your reply. By the way, I'm not an expert but I think that a lot of Chinese fonts ARE actually monospaced. If you have them in your Apple System there are often two version of the same font: one with a P in front of the name - the P stands for proportional, so that's the one that ISN'T monospaced. That's my understanding anyhow.

Jake
Site Admin

Post by Jake » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:22 am

matthew wrote:Thanks for your reply. By the way, I'm not an expert but I think that a lot of Chinese fonts ARE actually monospaced. If you have them in your Apple System there are often two version of the same font: one with a P in front of the name - the P stands for proportional, so that's the one that ISN'T monospaced. That's my understanding anyhow.
Very helpful information, thanks!
Nuclear Nova Software - Games and Apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
GL Golf - Pinball Massacre - Barnyard Blaster - Rocket Golf - Liquid Defense - Hydrothermal